Since the arrival of COVID-19, we have all experienced change together in 7.5 billion different ways all over globe. As we continue to walk in these uncertain times, we continue to monitor and take precautions to put our staff, artistic community, and customers first.
- We are working hybrid; our staff is half remote and half in office. This allows us to have less than five employees in the office at a given time.
- We are taking all CDC precautions, such as cleaning down surfaces, promoting consistent hand-washing and sanitizing, and routine office cleaning.
- We are doing routine coronavirus testing for employees who may have been exposed to the virus.
- We are also having our artists work from home - no in house artists.
- We have implemented curbside pick up and drop off for our artists who hand-painted our shoes.
Black Phoenix highlights a Phoenix that represents new beginnings and re-birth.
In partnership with Olivela, we have provided Save The Children and No Kid Hungry funding for over 10,000 meals for children who are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 school closings.
We have also donated over $2,000 through purchase proceeds to support national COVID-19 aid with the help of our customers, contributing to the following organizations evenly:
Medical Staff and Supplies
The CDC Foundation - the foundation is raising funds to help communities prevent and detect COVID-19, deploy emergency staff and deliver food and medical supplies to those in need who are isolated.
Meals on Wheels - Senior citizens are a high-risk population when it comes to the COVID-19 virus. Meals on Wheels brings much-needed food to the elderly so they can stay inside, in the comfort and safety of their homes.
Feeding America - Social services and local institutions-such as public schools are forced to close due to COVID-19. Feeding America is funneling food to food pantries across the country.
American Red Cross - The Red Cross is playing a critical role in collection blood needed for patients reeling from the coronavirus. Financial donations support organizational effort to address the crisis.
ALEPEL has been continually monitoring the spread of COVID-19. We have taken all these precautions to do our part and make a difference to delimitate the coronavirus's spread.
Please note: all current orders may have a slight delay as we are doing our best to send into production every one-of-a-kind pair under these limiting circumstances considering the safety of our staff.
Our chat and email services will be fully active for any questions our customers may have. We are so grateful for those who are shopping small and have continued in supporting us as a small business!
We are in this together.